- Consultant: Karyn Brinkley, ADC, CDP, Assisted Living Consultant
- Consultant: Celeste Chase, ACC, CDP, ADH & Alz's Consultant
- Consultant: Ruth Martanis, SwingBed Consultant
Please Sign In or Registerto view payment options and Checkout.Cost: $150.00
Home Care Certification
Certification for the Home Care Aide is now available for those wanting to learn the techniques and skills to provide quality of life for their clients. The Home Care Certification / Act101 Basic Course offered by ADN is required by NCCAP to become certified in Home Care.
Home is where the care is for a growing number of people in the United States. Industry growth has been fostered by an aging population, the prevalence of chronic disease, which is strengthening physician acceptance of home care and a continued movement toward cost-efficient treatment options from public and private payers.
Home Care Aides criteria varies from state to state as it's built on a medical model of care to the client. The Home Care agencies send their workers into the homes based on a social model of care. The need for a minimum criteria and training in this area is so imperative for the client’s meaningful quality of life. Assessing the client’s customary routine, learning about physical and psychosocial needs, assessing their functional and cognitive abilities and then being able to implement an individualized leisure program accordingly, as well as the ability to follow that client from the home care to family care, or ADS etc. will ensure more quality of care.
HCC (Home Care Certification) Course that has been developed to train individuals in Home Care environment:
- Proper communication techniques for Listening and Non-Verbal Response, Dementia Clients and Hard of Hearing Clients
- How to assess accurate medical conditions
- Identify physical and emotional needs, Anti-Social & Schizotypal Personality Disorders
- Developing a resident plan of care that meets the clients needs.
The HCC criteria will require (as with all other levels of certification)
- 6 months "hands on" experience working with a credible home care agency.
- 20 hours Continuing Education, core knowledge/training for this level of certification
- High School Diploma/GED.
Upon successful completion of the course you will also have 8 clock hours of continuing education, which you can apply toward your NCCAP Home Care Certification process.
This course also lets NCCAP certified activity professionals gain their HCC Specialty Track.Workshop Objectives:
- The student will understand basic medical information for the Home Care profession
- How to assess accurate medical conditions, Identify physical and emotional needs.
- The student will understand that Communication is key to providing person oriented care to your clients.
- The student will also learn planning skills based upon the completed assessment to better understand Person Centered Care.
- The student will understand that taking care of the family caregiver will help your client