Keep It Active
You don’t need to be a personal trainer to guide your residents in physical fitness; however you do need to know where to start and how to keep everybody safe. This course is meant to give you the necessary know how and confidence to help your residents live more healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Provide student with a myriad of activity ideas within separate activity categories.
- Provide insight into benefits of outdoor activity.
- Provide a quick reference binder for the student to utilize within their own facilities.
- Lesson I - The Importance of Physical Activity for the Aging
- Lesson II - Why is physical Activity Such a Big Deal
- Lesson III - The Importance of Physical Exercise and Cognition
- Lesson IV - Components of Exercise & physical Activities
- Lesson V – Important à Warm ups and Cool Down
- Lesson VI - Breathing Exercises
- Lesson VII - Managing Exercise Goals
- Lesson VIII - Appropriate Clothing
- Lesson IX - Limited mobility & Participation
- Resident Outdoor Assessment