Being the Activity Assistant isn’t all fun and games, as they say. Being able to provide the residents with the quality of care they deserve takes experience and education. This course is designed to provide the Activity Assistant with the tools needed to competently carry out their duties as well as providing a level of support to the Activity Director that is required for a successful department. The goal of this course is to guide the Activity Assistant through what will be needed and expected of them while also suggesting ways they might go above and beyond to utilize their skill sets in other ways beneficial to the Director and residents. Upon completion the Activity Assistant will have more confidence in themselves, their jobs, and their ability to positively affect the lives of those they serve.
- Understand the Activity Assistant’s Job Description/Specifications/Essential Duties.
- How to better understand the residents and their needs.
- Understand activity programs and the effect each type is expected to deliver.
- How to plan an activity from start to finish.
- Understand what is legal and in compliance within your department.
- Understand the different Activity Terms and how they are used.
- Understand how to utilize pertinent Activity Forms, such as the Activities RAP Guidelines, Activity Program Description, Activity Analysis, Activity Participation Record, Multi-Departmental, and more..
Federal and State guidelines require Activity Professionals to train all disciplines on how to assure that each resident gets a great quality of life. However, in all types of care settings, this can be a challenge for even the most accomplished Activity Professional. This course will teach you a variety of ways to inspire, encourage and lead your team, as well as passing on that inspiration to different disciplines too. You will have the opportunity to learn how to train in a short amount of time, how to structure in-services, and how to keep Activities at the forefront of everyone’s mind.
Utilize our easy to print format in the Click N Print section to make a quick reference binder with all of the activities provided within this online workshop!
- Understand how each discipline can contribute to the quality of life of residents served
- Understand why training is important and how adult learners learn
- Learn how to plan appropriate in-services with your Activities team
- Learn how to train other department staff, including different approaches
- Learn how to successfully document your trainings
- Find ideas and templates of how to get you started and maintain your training
- The importance of a multi-disciplinary approach to quality of life
- Why we need training
- Adult Learners
- Training Your Activities Staff: When and How Often
- Training Your Other Department Staff: When And How Often
- Training outside of the classroom and on the go
- Adding pizazz to your trainings
- Documenting your trainings
- Examples to get you started