Activity Assistant Training Guide - 10 CE Hours
Being the Activity Assistant isn’t all fun and games, as they say. Being able to provide the residents with the quality of care they deserve takes experience and education. This course is designed to provide the Activity Assistant with the tools needed to competently carry out their duties as well as providing a level of support to the Activity Director that is required for a successful department. The goal of this course is to guide the Activity Assistant through what will be needed and expected of them while also suggesting ways they might go above and beyond to utilize their skill sets in other ways beneficial to the Director and residents. Upon completion the Activity Assistant will have more confidence in themselves, their jobs, and their ability to positively affect the lives of those they serve.
- Understand the Activity Assistant’s Job Description/Specifications/Essential Duties.
- How to better understand the residents and their needs.
- Understand activity programs and the effect each type is expected to deliver.
- How to plan an activity from start to finish.
- Understand what is legal and in compliance within your department.
- Understand the different Activity Terms and how they are used.
- Understand how to utilize pertinent Activity Forms, such as the Activities RAP Guidelines, Activity Program Description, Activity Analysis, Activity Participation Record, Multi-Departmental, and more..