A Food Affair: Enhancing Activities with Food
Nothing brings people together, regardless of our differences, better than food. We all have a love affair with food. True, we must consume it to survive, but it brings a lot more to the table then that. It is one of the few activities that evokes all of our senses and can effectively wipe away the blues, if only for a while. Eating food is a pleasure in itself, but so too is the experience of making it. As Activity Directors, it is inevitable that food will be incorporated into our programs, either as the star of the show or as background for another planned event. This workshop is designed to help you plan food events that leave everyone satisfyingly full; emotionally and physically. So grab your apron and let’s get our hands dirty as we bridge the gap between us.
- Understand the safety concerns and regulations regarding food activities as stated under Federal Regulation 812.
- Understand the importance of food and how to utilize it as a tool for life enrichment.
- Consider the cultural use of food and how you may be able to incorporate it into your program.
- Learn a variety of ways to program food into your calendar effectively.
- Food Safety: Federal Tag 812
- Breaking of Bread
- Food Clubs
- Food as the Star
- Food as the Co-Star